Accreditation - Computer Science
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
These outcomes represent our expected outcomes for recent graduates of our computer science program:
- Graduates will apply core fundamental computer science skills in their technical careers.
- Graduates will exercise the professional and social skills needed to work both independently and in teams.
- Graduates will conduct themselves ethically.
- Graduates opting for graduate studies will be successful in graduate school.
- Graduates will pursue opportunities for professional development through lifelong learning.
- Graduates will consider the social consequences of computing.
By the time of graduation, students should be able to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
Enrollment and graduation statistics
|Number of Majors||Number of Graduates|