The Accelerated Postbaccalaureate (APB) program is a rigorous, accelerated graduate level program of study (18 credits) that leads to initial teacher licensure. Recognizing the unique strengths of nontraditional licensure candidates, the APB program is designed for individuals who are committed to becoming outstanding teachers. It is designed for persons who have a bachelor’s degree and are seeking initial licensure.
The APB is designed for persons who are seeking initial teaching licensure in one of the following fields:
- Teacher of Biology, Grades 8-12
- Teacher of Chemistry, Grades 8-12
- Teacher of Dance (all levels)
- Teacher of Earth and Space Science (all levels)
- Teacher of English, Grades 5-8 or 8-12
- Teacher of Foreign Language: Spanish, Grades 5-12
- Teacher of History, Grades 5-8 or 8-12
- Teacher of Mathematics, Grades 5-8 or 8-12
- Teacher of Music (all levels)
- Teacher of Physics, Grades 8-12
- Teacher of Theater (all levels)
- Teacher of Visual Art, Grades PreK-8 or 5-12
Please note: Undergraduate alumni from Bridgewater State University who have completed the Secondary Education courses at Bridgewater and only need to complete the practicum should do so as a non-degree student.