Business Foundations Graduate Certificate
The Graduate Certificate in Business Foundations will provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities required of both new professionals and experienced managers to advance in their careers. The curriculum is designed to develop core competencies that apply to managerial positions in all industries: accounting, finance, marketing, management, economics, and statistics.
The Certificate program is designed to be completed in as little as two academic semesters. Three courses will be offered each semester – two in a face-to-face format and one delivered online. This Certificate will only be offered at the University’s Attleboro location.
This program will offer an excellent opportunity for people with non-business backgrounds to earn a graduate-level certificate. If you are subsequently accepted into our Master of Business Administration (MBA) program, your certificate courses may be applied to the MBA to reduce the overall credit requirement.
- No GMAT required
- Low tuition cost
- Designed for those with little or no business training
- Can be completed in as few as two semesters (one year)
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be admitted to this program:
• Bachelor’s degree equivalent to a four-year U.S. undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
• The application committee recommends students have earned at least a 2.8 undergraduate GPA. Additional consideration will be given to applicants who hold an advanced degree (e.g. master’s, doctorate, JD, etc.) or have earned a professional certification such as the CPA, CMA, CFA, PMP or CPIM.
• An official transcript from the registrar of each college or university attended, whether a degree was completed or not. If all college or postgraduate work has not been completed, transcripts must be sent again when work in progress is completed and the degree is posted.
• One letter of recommendation addressing the applicant’s abilities to successfully complete a graduate business program.
• A professional résumé
• A one-page personal statement detailing your reasons for seeking a graduate business education, your short-and long-term professional and personal goals, and how you think this graduate certificate program will help you achieve them.
Required courses (15 credits)
Students must complete the following five courses with an overall grade point average of 3.0 to earn the graduate certificate in Business Foundations:
- ACFI 501 - Foundations of Corporate Finance *
- ECON 500 - Foundations of Economics
- ECON 501 - Foundations of Business Statistics
- MGMT 507 - Foundations of Marketing
- MGMT 509 - Foundations of Management
* Note: ACFI 501 has a prerequisite of academic course work in Financial Accounting. This prerequisite can be fulfilled by previous undergraduate level course work, or by taking ACFI 200 at Bridgewater State University.