This is a content holder for the one button emergency notification system.

Dependency Status

(To change closed captioning language on the video, click on Settings, Subtitles/CC, Auto-translate, and choose the appropriate language.)

Dependency Override

In some instances, a student may not be able to answer "YES" to any of the dependency questions, but you may believe you are independent. At times a financial aid office can use professional judgment to override a dependency status if it is an extenuating circumstance. The financial aid office must abide to the federal guidelines to override a dependency status. Please contact our office to speak with one of our counselors to determine if you are eligible for an override. You will be required to provide written documentation of your claim of independence.