Gender Inclusive Housing offers residents the opportunity to live with other students regardless of their assigned gender, gender identity or expression.
New students who are interested in living in a gender inclusive living environment will have the option to indicate this preference on their housing preference form. During the roommate search/group formation process, students who indicated their preference to live in a gender inclusive environment, will be able to search for compatible roommates without a gender restriction.
If students do not find a compatible roommate through this process, they can be returned to the single gender search process, by sending a request in writing to email@example.com.
If a roommate cancels their housing or moves out of the room for any reason, the remaining roommates may identify a new roommate to fill the vacancy. New roommates must be identified with the following criteria:
- The identified roommate must have submitted a housing deposit and already be in housing.
- The identified roommate cannot be on the waiting list.
- Should the group fail to submit a name to fill their spot within 48 hours, RLH reserves the right to assign another student to that space. In the event that the space is filed by RLH every effort will be made to fill the bedroom with an individual of the same gender identity as the individual with whom they would share a bedroom space.
Should the occupants be unable to fill the space or unwilling to live with another individual outside of their chosen group, they will be given the option to consolidate/relocate the remaining resident(s) to another vacancy.
The following requirements must be met if you choose to apply for Gender Inclusive Housing:
All students intending to form a gender inclusive housing group should complete the housing preference form. All students are required to fill the suite. Four and six person suites will be available for gender inclusive groups.
Please note the following:
- All students must have paid a housing deposit prior to completing the form.
- Completion of the form is not a guarantee that inclusion in gender inclusive room selection will be granted. Groups will be granted on a first come, first serve basis, based upon groups where each member completes the form.
- BSU reserves the right to limit the number of gender inclusive suites that we grant.
For more information, view our Gender Inclusive Housing Policy.
Contact the Office of Residence Life and Housing with questions either via phone at 508.531.1277 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.