Room Selection Process Overview:
- Pay $250 room deposit to secure a space on campus
- Sign online Residence Hall License Agreement emailed to your BSU email (May 18)
- Optional: Apply to living learning community or optional housing opportunity
- Optional: Form roommate group
- Participate in online room selection
Online Room Selection
Students who opt to not participate in our Living-Learning Communities will select housing from our online room selection process. New students in this process can select from any available bed in our first year residence halls.
Online Room Selection Rules and Requirements:
- To Participate, student must not have selected a space during anther phase of the room selection process (LLCs, Optional Housing Opportunities, or Gender Inclusive Housing)
- Students may select a room at any time after their selection time is activated
- Student may fill suites, rooms, or individual spaces depending on their roommate group. Students are not required to fill a suite or a room during room selection.
- Students may not change their assignment after they finalize their selection. Requests will be accepted after each student has had an opportunity to select.
Contact the Office of Residence Life and Housing with questions either via phone at 508.531.1277 or via email at email@example.com
Tips and Hints
- Pay attention to Deadlines. Reminder emails will be sent regarding important dates.
- Always have a backup plan. Don't set your mind to one building or room configuration. Plan multiple options ahead of selection.
- Make sure that your group is fully formed prior to selection.
- All room selections are final. Housing assignments cannot be altered until all student have had an opportunity to select.
Gender Inclusive Housing
Gender Inclusive Housing offers resident the opportunity to choose their roommates without regard to the gender of the individuals. This program is offered in Woodward Hall. New students who are interested in living in a gender inclusive living environment will have the option to indicate this preference on their residence hall license agreement.
During the roommate search/group formation process, students who indicated their preference to live in a gender inclusive environment, will be able to search for compatible roommates without a gender restriction. If student do not find a compatible roommate through this process, they can be returned to the single gender search process, by sending a request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Office of Residence Life and Housing (RLH) will identify floors and rooms within the residence halls that can accommodate a gender inclusive environment. Due to building design limitations, gender inclusive housing may not be available in every residence hall.
At times the demand for housing at Bridgewater State University exceeds the number of spaces available for resident students. In an effort to provide as many students as possible the opportunity to live on campus, the University will take a number of designed double rooms and add a third bed on a temporary basis. As space becomes available, students will be offered the opportunity to move out into a permanent space.
Students in these rooms will receive a 20% rebate on their housing charges for the time that they were living in a temporary additional occupancy room.