Initially established as the School of Management and Aviation Science during the 1997-1998 academic year, the college was officially renamed the Louis M. Ricciardi College of Business in spring 2012 in recognition of the decades of service that Louis Ricciardi '81 has provided to Bridgewater State University. From its inception, the college has been comprised of three departments: the Department of Accounting and Finance, the Department of Aviation Science and the Department of Management and Marketing. Mr. Ricciardi's unwavering support of the College of Business, the university, and the students of BSU continues through the scholarships he provides, his service on multiple boards, and his active involvement with co-curricular activities and community engagement.
Academic Departments and Programs
The college offers undergraduate programs leading to the Bachelor of Science (BS) degree and graduate programs leading to the Master of Business Administration (MBA) and the Master of Science in Accountancy (MSA). Explore our undergraduate and graduate programs offered through our academic departments:
The Ricciardi College of Business prepares students to be knowledgeable and socially responsible business leaders through rigorous academic programs, which are guided by faculty dedicated to student learning.
The Ricciardi College of Business aspires to be a scholarly environment in which:
- All students are actively engaged in relevant, rigorous, and real-world curricular opportunities
- All faculty and staff of the RCOB have access to resources to achieve their professional goals and contribute meaningfully to the life of the college and university
- Students, faculty and staff are empowered to serve the region, the commonwealth and the world as representatives of BSU's core value.
- Intellectual Exploration
- Excellence in Teaching
- Internal and External Community
- Economic Engagement
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Integrity
- Aviation Accreditation Board International
- Federal Aviation Administration