Massachusetts State and Local Government
Key Outcomes for Participants: (Alignment with Curriculum Frameworks)
Successful completion of this micro-credential means that educators provided evidence that they created and administered a performance task that employs the History & Social Science Practice Standards and addresses most/all of the following content standards:
> Describe provisions of the United States Constitution and the Massachusetts Constitution that define and distribute powers and authority of the federal or state government.
> Compare and contrast the functions of state government and national government.
> Structure and responsibilities of local government
> Explain the major components of local government in Massachusetts, including the roles and functions of mayors, city councils, and school committees in cities; town managers, select boards, representative and open town meetings and school committees, in towns, and courts and sheriff’s departments in counties.
How to Earn Your Credential
- Explore the options and select a micro-credential.
- Click on your desired micro-credential badge.
- Click on "Digital Badge information button" and complete form.
- Click on "Resources, Submission Guidelines, and more" button at the bottom of page.
- Review each of the sections, then explore Resources to review content and complete the assignments for submission.
- Complete the work and submit by email to email@example.com
Qualification & Submission Guidelines
To qualify for this micro-credential, please send documentation of all completed requirements along with your full legal name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your submission has been reviewed and it has been determined that you have fulfilled all of the requirements, you will receive an email from the Acclaim system about claiming your badge.