Teaching with Current Events: Practicing Media Literacy and Understanding Human Behavior
Developed in collaboration with Facing History and Ourselves, this micro-credential is designed to support educators in developing the foundational knowledge necessary to further students’ media literacy and civic learning through the teaching of current events.
Key Outcomes for Participants:
> How can I help students understand and evaluate the news/media they consume?
> How can I prepare students to have reflective and respectful discussions about current events, especially those that may be emotional or divisive?
How to Earn Your Credential
- Explore the options and select a micro-credential.
- Click on your desired micro-credential badge.
- Click on "Digital Badge information button" and complete form.
- Click on "Resources, Submission Guidelines, and more" button at the bottom of page.
- Review each of the sections, then explore Resources to review content and complete the assignments for submission.
- Complete the work and submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualification & Submission Guidelines
To qualify for this micro-credential, please send documentation of all completed requirements along with your full legal name to email@example.com. Once your submission has been reviewed and it has been determined that you have fulfilled all of the requirements, you will receive an email from the Acclaim system about claiming your badge.