Ceremonies for the Class of 2023 will be held at Gillette Stadium!
Ceremony dates and information are as follows:
Friday, May 12
- Graduate Commencement (Masters/CAGS/EdS Degree Ceremony) 6 p.m.
Saturday, May 13
- Bachelor's Degree/Undergraduate Morning Ceremony 9 a.m.
- Louis M. Ricciardi College of Business
- College of Education and Health Sciences
- Bartlett College of Science and Mathematics
- Bachelor's Degree/Undergraduate Afternoon Ceremony 4 p.m.
- College of Humanities and Social Science
- Apply to graduate through the Registrar's Office*
- Check for holds on your account in InfoBear
- Pay your bill in full
- Purchase cap and gown
*If you have already applied to graduate via the Office of the Registrar, you do not need to reapply.
Continue to monitor your BSU email, Graduation Central and these FAQs for ongoing updates.
Tickets will be available online beginning Tuesday, March 28 and must be claimed by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, April 28.
- Tickets are complimentary and all guests age 2 and above must have tickets for admission to Gillette Stadium.
- Graduates should visit Grad Central to claim tickets.
Please note: Tickets are distributed only to the graduate. Graduates may not share tickets with other graduates and should only be claimed by those who intend to participate.
Student assembly and line-up for graduates will be indoors and the ceremony itself will be held outdoors on the Gillette turf. All guests will be seated outdoors in the stadium.
BSU continues to strongly recommend that students and guests wear masks in indoor spaces but will leave the decision about whether to wear a mask to the discretion of individuals.
Students and guests will not be required to show proof of vaccination to enter Gillette Stadium.
BSU and Gillette Stadium continue to follow CDC and Massachusetts Department of Public Health guidance in regard to COVID-19 protocols.
The Master's/CAGS/EdS Degree ceremony and each of the Bachelor’s Degree Ceremonies will last approximately 2.5 hours.
For Graduating Students
Graduating students who will require accommodations in the graduation process must complete an Accessibility Request Form. The form will be available beginning March 28 and students are asked to submit the form prior to April 28. A staff member from the Student Accessibility Services Office will contact you to discuss the specific accommodation needed (e.g. interpreter services, wheelchair seating, etc.). Questions should be directed to the Student Accessibility Services Office at 508.531.2194 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduates who require accommodations may be requested to meet with staff from the Student Accessibility Services Office and the Commencement Committee prior to the ceremony to review processional and seating arrangements.
For Guests and BSU Student Attendees
Guests and student attendees who are not graduating must complete an Accessibility Request Form. The form will be available beginning March 28 and guests are asked to submit the form prior to April 28. A staff member from Wellness Services will contact you to discuss the specific accommodation needed (e.g. handicap parking and transportation, interpreter services, wheelchair seating, etc.). Guests in need of accommodations require tickets, distributed to the graduate, for seating at Gillette Stadium.
To ensure the needs of all guests are met, companion seating in accessible areas is limited to one companion per guest.
Questions should be directed to Wellness Services at 508.531.1252.
Each graduate will be professionally photographed by Grad Images, Inc. as he or she receives a diploma and exits the stage. Family and friends are not permitted in the aisles to take photographs. Graduates can visit the Grad Images website to register their email address.
The concession stands will be open and have food and beverages available for purchase.
A list of local restaurants at Patriot Place will be forthcoming so families may make reservations for celebratory meals with their graduate.
Commencement will be held at Gillette Stadium rain or shine, except in the instance of extreme weather conditions. In the case of anticipated inclement weather, graduates and guests can call 508.531.1271 for weather-related information. An announcement will also be posted on the Commencement web site if necessary.
We encourage both graduates and guests to watch the weather forecast and dress according to the ever-changing New England weather. Keep in mind the stadium is outdoors and graduates and guests will be exposed to the elements.
*Note that graduates only receive one tassel, which is for their primary major.
- An online regalia ordering portal through Oak & Hall will be available in the coming months.
- 2 weeks to process order and 2-3 for shipping
- Online site closes 3 weeks prior to ceremony (to avoid late deliveries)
- The BSU bookstore will begin selling regalia in the store on April 3, 2023.
- The Bookstore will sell regalia until the Commencement ceremonies
- There is no S&H charge for in-person purchases
- The BSU bookstore will be set-up at Gillette for last-minute needs such as tassels as well as BSU merchandise for students and guests
- Graduate Cap, gown, tassel & hood $113.00
- Undergraduate cap, gown & tassel $66.00
- There is a S&H fee if ordered through Oak Hall website for home delivery
- No charge to pick up at Bookstore
If you have a financial hardship regarding regalia, please contact email@example.com.
Check back closer to Commencement for additional parking information.
The following hotels have added a limited number of discount rooms during BSU Commencement ceremonies. Book by April 10, 2023 for the block rate.
Click on the name of the hotel below for a unique booking link for each hotel.
Renaissance Boston Patriot Place
28 Patriot Place
Foxboro, MA 02035
Hilton Garden Inn Foxboro Patriot Place
27 Patriot Place
Foxboro, MA 02035
Additional outreach will be forthcoming to faculty and staff interested in participating.
The Commencement Committee will be working hard over the coming weeks to continue to update pertinent information regarding each ceremony, we appreciate your patience.
Please visit the commencement website to find all the up-to-date information pertaining to the ceremonies. Graduates should also visit Graduation Central for more information. Updates will be made as guidance is reviewed and information becomes available.
Bachelor's Degree Ceremonies: University Events can be reached at 508-531-6139 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Master's/CAGS/EdS Degree Ceremony: The College of Graduate Studies can be reached at 508.531.1100 or email@example.com.