This is a content holder for the one button emergency notification system.

Military & Veteran Services Information for New Students

Working in the veterans center

Getting Started...

The New Military/Veteran Student Guide below will help you take the necessary steps to jump start your career as a student here at BSU. Military & Veteran Student Services aims to provide assistance with educational/financial benefits including VA benefits. We also provide referrals to the disability resource office and other campus services to assist students.

For more information regarding individual eligibility for these and other educational benefits, please contact the Department of Veteran Affairs Regional Processing Center at 800.827.1000, or visit the website at

We encourage veterans, dependents, and military students attending BSU to contact us in person or by email with any questions they may have. We can be reached by email at

New Military/Veteran Student Guide

1. Complete and submit Transfer Admissions application

If you have not already been accepted to BSU please apply.

JST/CCAF credits will be counted as transfer credits. (Read BSU's Valor Act Academic Credit Evaluation Policy)

2. Request transcripts from any previously attended colleges be mailed/emailed to

Office of Admissions
Bridgewater State University
45 Plymouth Street
Bridgewater, MA 02325

3. Request Military transcript

Army/Navy/Marines/Coast Guard - (Electronically Submitted)
Community College of the Air Force - (School address below)

Office of Admissions
Bridgewater State University
45 Plymouth Street
Bridgewater, MA 02325

Submit initial application for GI Bill® Benefits to the VA online

On the VA education site  , click "Find your education benefits form" under "How do I apply?" Click "Applying for a new benefit" and complete the application process to receive Certificate of Eligibility (COE). If done correctly, the final page will contain a confirmation number for your COE. Print this page for your records.

(Optional) Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (School Code: 002183).   

5. Fill out Military Education Benefits Online Form (Formerly known as “Blue Form”)

You will need to complete this form for each semester that you register for classes using your benefits. Learn more about the Massachusetts State Veterans Tuition Waiver 

4. Meet with Military & Veteran Student Services Counselor:

Military & Veteran Student Services is located in Tillinghast Hall, Room 010, 508.531.2181

Military and Veteran Student Services is committed to assisting the military and veteran community at Bridgewater State University in achieving academic and personal success. Be sure to review the FAQs for answers to common questions. Our External Resources page lists Military and Veteran related links. Stop by our office or contact us to learn more.

Be sure to bring:
DD214 (Member copy 4)
VA GI Bill® Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or Confirmation page from initial online application

Welcome to Bridgewater!