On–Campus Confidential Crisis Counseling
- There are a number of resources you may turn to for confidential advice, support and information.
- Generally, you may discuss an incident with a licensed mental health counselor on a confidential basis. These counselors are good options if you wish to discuss your situation with someone who can keep your information as confidential as possible, except as required by law, while assisting you to determine other available options.
The Counseling Center
Students may access the support of on-campus counselors at BSU’s Counseling Center, located in the Wellness Center, Weygand Hall.
- The Wellness Center
- Weygand Hall, 351 Great Hill Drive, Bridgewater, MA 02325
- Tel: (508) 531-1331
- Hours of Operation:
- Monday-Wednesday and Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
- Thursday 9:30-4:30pm.
Employee Assistance Program
Employees make seek the confidential services of the EAP. 1.800.828.6025
Community Confidential Crisis Counseling Resources
- There are a number of off-campus resources you may turn to for confidential advice, support and information, many of which provide services on a 24/7 basis.
- These off-campus service providers are not required to report any information to the University and will generally maintain your confidentiality, except as required by law.
Local Rape and Domestic Violence Crisis Centers
These resources offer FREE services, including:
- 24/7 hotline counseling, information, and referral;
- Will go with survivors to hospitals and /or police stations 24/7;
- Will go with a survivor to court;
- Provide one-to-one counseling and support group counseling;
- and Provide primary prevention education, professional training, and outreach
- Health Imperatives/A New Day, Brockton, (508) 588-8255 SA Hotline, (508) 894-2869 TTY
- Fenway Health Violence Recovery Program (LGBT Resources) (617) 927-6250, Boston, MA
- Greater New Bedford Women Center, New Bedford, (888) 839-6636 Hotline, (508) 996-1177 TTY
- New Hope, Attleboro, (800) 323-4673 Hotline/TTY
- Stanley Street Women Center, Fall River, (508) 675-0087 Hotline, (508) 673-3328 TTY
- A Safe Place, Nantucket, (508) 228-2111 Hotline, (508) 22/-0561 TTY
- Independence House, Hyannis, (800) 439-6507 Hotline, (508) 778-6782 TTY
- Women Support Services, Vineyard Haven, (508) 696-7233
- MA Spanish Language Rape Crisis Center Hotline (Llamanos) (800) 223-5001
- Victim Rights Law Center, 115 Broad Street, 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02110, (617) 399-6720 (legal services for victims of sexual assault)
Religious/Pastoral Counseling Near Campus:
- St. Basil Chapel
- The Catholic Center
- 122 Park Avenue, Bridgewater, MA 02325
- Tel: (508) 531-1412
- Rev. Dr. Chang-Hee Son, TH.D.
- Christian Fellowship Center
- 29 Shaw Road, Bridgewater, MA 02325
- Tel: (508) 531-1721
- Email: email@example.com
- First Parish Unitarian Universalist Church
- 50 School Street, Bridgewater, MA 02324
- (508) 697-2525
- Bridgewater United Methodist Church
- School Street, Bridgewater, MA 02324
- (508) 697-9165
- Temple Chayai Shalom
- 239 Depot Street, South Easton, MA 02375
- (508) 238-6385
- Additional Local Resources
Confidential National Counseling and Support Resources
These service providers are not required to report any information to the University and will generally maintain one’s confidentiality, except as required by law.
National Counseling Resources
- White House Initiative to Combat Sexual Assault on College Campuses
- changingourcampus.org/about-us/not-alone/ (searchable listing of local resources & hotlines)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- (800) 656-4673 (24 hour)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- (800) 273-8255 (Hotline)
- The National Stalking Resource Center
- RAINN (Rape Abuse & Incest National Network)
- (800) 656-4673 (Hotline)
- www.rainn.org (On-Line Live Chat)