EXCEL students are paired with Peer Mentors, who are current, full-time undergraduate students at Bridgewater State University. BSU Peer Mentors help EXCEL students assimilate to college life by introducing them to friends, exploring campus, and encouraging involvement in BSU clubs and activities. By spending time with BSU Peer Mentors, EXCEL students develop friendships and feel socially connected to BSU student life.
EXCEL Peer Mentors:
- Are role models who work one-on-one with EXCEL students
- Help EXCEL students make new friends on campus
- Model appropriate social skills
- Attend BSU activities with EXCEL students
- Encourage EXCEL students to develop independent living skills
Interested in becoming a peer mentor? Review and complete the peer mentor application.