1. Access your BSU user account
- Access your BSU user account today! Your log-in information was sent from BSUaccounts@bridgew.edu to the personal email address provided in your application.
- If you have not received your BSU account information from BSU Accounts, please check your junk or spam folder. Contact IT support at 508.531.2555 or ITSupport@bridgew.edu for assistance.
- Start checking your BSU email today with the log-in information sent from BSU Accounts. You can access your BSU email here.
- IMPORTANT: Login to your BSU email with the default password. You will be prompted to set up MFA (Multi Factor Authentication) before resetting your password. View how to configure MFA.
2. Complete the Transfer 101 Online Program
- Complete the Transfer 101 Online Program, which will assist you in learning more about academic resources and how to register for your courses. Please click the following link to access Blackboard where you can find Transfer 101 listed under your courses.
- If you have questions, please contact Transfer Services at 508-531-2686 or TransferCentral@bridgew.edu.
3. Sign up for the Transfer Welcome & Transfer Advising Appointment
- RSVP Transfer Welcome: At the end of the Transfer 101 Online Program, you will be prompted to RSVP to the Transfer Welcome held on Tuesday, January 16, 2024.
- Note: If you are unable to attend the Transfer Welcome due to availability or transportation challenges, you must register for the January 24th date, which has no meeting time in-person or online. (You are required to register for one of these two dates to move forward with the course registration process.)
- Transfer Advising Appointment Sign-up: You are required to register for an advising appointment offered in-person, over the phone, or virtually. You will need to use your BSU log-in to complete this step:
- If your last name falls within A-H, please connect with Jaclyn Cowell at tinyurl.com/JaclynCowellAppointment.
- If your last name falls within I-P, please connect with Lauren Bailey at tinyurl.com/LaurenBaileyAppointment.
- If your last name falls within Q-Z, please connect with Brad Walker at tinyurl.com/BradWalkerAppointment.
- Once you sign up for both the Transfer Welcome and a Transfer Advising Appointment, you will receive a registration PIN.
- Access your PIN: Please sign-in to InfoBear and click on Student Profile and then click on “View Registration PIN.”
4. Register for your courses (prior to attending Transfer Advising Appointment)
- Registration begins with Seniors on Tuesday, November 14, 2023. View the full registration schedule.
- The Transfer 101 Online Program taught you how to register for your courses using the online registration system called InfoBear. View additional registration resources.
- Reminder: To register, you will need to have signed up for both your Transfer Welcome and your Transfer Advising appointment. The sooner you register for classes, the more options you will have in selecting courses that meet your scheduling needs.
- Please attempt to register for all of your courses prior to any advising session.
If you have the appropriate Math and English courses and/or SAT scores on file, you will not be required to complete placement testing. For more information regarding placement testing, please visit Placement Testing at BSU.
5. Course Appeals
- If you have courses that transferred in as free elective credit(s), found at the bottom of your DegreeWorks Audit, you may be able to appeal these credits to satisfy outstanding core requirements and/or major requirements.
- If you have questions regarding the appeals process, please contact Transfer Services at 508.531.2686 or TransferCentral@bridgew.edu.
6. Submit All Official College Transcripts
- Send final official transcripts from each of your previously attended institutions to the Office of Undergraduate Admission by secure email at email@example.com or by mail to the Office of Admission Welcome Center, 45 Plymouth Street, Bridgewater, MA 02325.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all your transcripts have arrived,and all prior earned credit has been applied to your degree at BSU. Please make sure all credits are on file prior to the start of your incoming semester to ensure your course selection is accurate.
- If you are a MassTransfer, STEMBlock, or Commonwealth Commitment student please be sure to verify those qualifications are noted on your transcript
- If you completed AP exams and scored a 3 or higher you can earn college credit. Request your scores through the College Board and have them sent directly to Admissions using code #3517.
- If you have military credit, please request an official Joint Services Transcript and/or Air Force Transcript.
7. Financial Aid
- If you plan to apply for financial aid, please complete the 2023-24 FAFSA and be sure to add Bridgewater State University school code 0021830.
- Please note if you are waiting for your FAFSA to process, please continue with course registration.
- If you have questions or need additional guidance regarding financial aid benefits, you may find your Financial Aid Counselor contact information here.
8. Request Accommodations and/or other Related Supports (as needed)
- Students with disabilities or significantly impactful diagnoses may be eligible for accommodations or other related supports through Student Accessibility Services.
- For more information, please use your BSU login to access the SAS BridgeNet page. You may also initiate your request through the SAS Portal at https://sas.bridgew.edu.
- The team can be reached via email at SAS@bridgew.edu.
9. Submit your BSU Health & Wellness Form
- You must submit your Student Health and Wellness Form electronically via the portal link bridgew.medicatconnect.com. You will need to use your BSU username and password to access the portal.
- Please note that you will not be able to complete the online forms until after you are registered for classes. Immunizations records will be due within 30 days post course registration. Please allow enough time to have your doctor’s signature and appropriate inoculations submitted, if needed.
- If you have questions about your health form, contact 508-531-1252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Complete Health Insurance Waiver/Enrollment Form
- The Health Insurance Waiver/Enrollment website is available to registered students in early December.
- You will receive a billing notification in early December from Student Accounts with more information pertaining to the waiver/enrollment process and deadlines.
- If you have questions about your health form, contact 508-531-1252 or email email@example.com.
11. Complete the SPARC Course
- Complete SPARC: The Sexual and Interpersonal Violence Prevention and Response Course will be available on your Blackboard dashboard on Dec. 1, 2023. Completion of this course is required for all incoming BSU students.
- Deadline to complete the course is Feb. 16, 2024.
- Instructions on how to complete the course will be included in the SPARC Course section on Blackboard.
12. Obtain your Connect Card ID & Parking Decal
- Once you register for classes, you can apply for your parking permit at MyParking. The parking permit application will become available January 2, 2024. If you purchase your parking pass prior to January 31 you will receive an early bird discount. For more information, please contact 508-531-2897 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To obtain your BSU Connect Card ID, please go to https://mycard.bridgew.edu and sign on with your BSU username and password. Next, click on "Photo Upload" and submit your photo to the Connect Card Office. You will receive updates via email on the progress of your Connect Card (received and pending, approved or rejected and printed).
- You can also obtain your BSU Connect Card ID by visiting the Connect Card Office (Hunt Hall, Rm 001) Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. For more information, please contact 508-531-2897 or email@example.com.
13. Download the BSU mobile App and Engage BSU
- Download the BSU Mobile App in the App Store or Google Play Store. The BSU Mobile App includes access to campus resources, your class schedule, campus map and more. You can log into the app as soon as you have your BSU User Account; use your full email address and your newly created password to see all the features.
- EngageBSU is the official involvement platform utilized by the BSU community where you can find events to attend, organizations to join, and opportunities to make the most of your BSU experience.
14. Optional to you:
- If you are undecided on your major, please schedule an appointment with Career Services to explore what majors might be a good fit for your interests and career goals.
- If you're looking for an off-campus apartment, view the off-campus database.
- If you are renting an apartment or house off campus and not living at your home address, remember to update your local address with the registrar’s office. Complete this Change of Address Form.
- If you’re looking to live on campus, please submit your housing deposit. For more information, please contact Residence Life at 508-531-1277 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Want to take a campus tour? Register for a student led campus tour today.
If you have additional questions, please contact: