Raising Multicultural Kids
Key Outcomes for Participants:
All outcomes are aligned with MA DESE Professional Standards for Teachers, Standard 2: Teaching all students
- All outcomes are aligned with MA DESE Professional Standards for Teachers, Standard 2: Teaching all students
- Educators will develop an understanding of RMK’s curricula foundations (Trauma competency, Multicultural Mindset, Civics, Advocacy & Justice) and the 6 guiding principles for DEI&B lessons in early elementary. (2.b)
- Educators will enhance their ability to create culturally responsive classroom norms. (2.c)
- Educators will better implement Diversity, Equity and Inclusion knowledge into lesson development and resource selection. (2.d)
- Educators will be able to further develop a classroom environment fostering civic engagement through enhanced focus on developing student empowerment and action. (2.c)
- Educators will be more familiar with using trauma competent practices to address student experiences of identity-based issues. (2.b, e)
- Educators will demonstrate enhanced understanding of age by appropriately discussing the diverse and complex history and/or people in the United States and beyond through submission of a contextual narrative, modified lesson plan and a reflection of its implementation. (2.b) This will serve as educator evaluation evidence of meeting the district's DEI&B goals.
Qualification & Submission Guidelines
To qualify for this micro-credential, please send documentation of all completed requirements along with your full legal name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your submission has been reviewed and it has been determined that you have fulfilled all of the requirements, you will receive an email from the Acclaim system about claiming your badge.