Registration for June Family Orientation will open April 1, 2018.
Orientation for Parents & Supporters
Welcome to the Bridgewater State University Community! We are excited your student chose to be a BSU bear! We are looking forward to your arrival on campus.
Mission and Objectives of Family Orientation
The Family Orientation program provides parents and supporters of new incoming Bridgewater State University students the opportunity to learn more about the student experience. Family members will have the opportunity to attend sessions on topics such as academic support, community standards, housing, billing and payment, financial aid, campus safety and more. Family Orientation is a great way to learn more about the university and connect with other families.
Those who attend the Family Orientation Program will:
- Feel welcomed
- Attend information sessions to learn about campus resources and services
- Explore their shifting role and how it relates to communicating with their student and student privacy laws (FERPA/HIPPA)
- Be informed about academic support services
- Learn about resources available to them in supporting their student's success
- Have an opportunity to ask questions
- Leave feeling their student made the right choice to attend BSU
For registration and schedule information, please select the Family Orientation you are attending below.
Due to space and material constraints, we ask that parents and supporters register for Family Orientation in advance. The cost to attend Family Orientation is $15 per person. We seek to keep the cost of this important program as affordable as possible while providing a quality program that will provide you with necessary information to support your student's transition to college.