Orientation plays an important role in new student success at Bridgewater State University. One goal for the program provides students with an opportunity to meet an academic advisor who will help them register for their semester courses. In addition, Orientation helps new students to acclimate to campus as well as build relationships that will last throughout college. There is a separate orientation for parents of BSU first-year students. Please visit the Family Orientation site for more information.
First-Year Student Checklist
Once students have deposited, they will receive a comprehensive checklist to prepare them to transition to BSU. The checklist, outlined below, will help students walk through all necessary steps that they will need to begin their semester. Students should regularly check the email account which they used to apply to the university for more details and links related to this checklist.
- Sign up for Placement Testing
- Register for your Orientation Session
- Complete you Student Health Record
- Submit Final High School Transcript and AP Scores
- Submit your Housing Agreement (if living on campus)
- Verify your BSU User Account
- Download BSU Mobile App