Our goals for the program include providing students with an opportunity to meet an academic advisor who will help them register for their semester courses. In addition, we hope to help new students acclimate to campus as well as build relationships that will last throughout college.
The Orientation Programs are designed to help students
- Familiarize themselves with key campus services and resources that are available to them.
- Engage in discussions and activities that assist with the transition to college life.
- Foster a desire for academic success.
- Learn about their academic program as well as academic policies and procedures.
- Navigate the online registration process which is part of the university’s InfoBear system.
- Build upon relationships established during the Orientation program and have the opportunity to further develop relationships with faculty, staff, and other new students.
- Learn about in-class and out-of-class involvement opportunities.
For Summer 2017